Introducing The Intricately 2020 Cloud Hosting Report
According to Intricately’s analysis, the number of cloud applications in use grew by 39% from 2018 to 2019.
The public cloud market shows no signs of slowing down, and the largest providers are continuing to get bigger as a result. Gartner predicts that public cloud revenue will grow by 17% in 2020.
Interested to find out who is winning in the cloud hosting market and how the top providers stack up against each other? You’ve come to the right place.
Intricately’s 2020 Cloud Hosting Report is now available, featuring insights to help you understand the trends, market leaders, and spend habits shaping the cloud industry in 2020 and beyond.
Download the report now, or keep reading to learn more about what’s inside.
What’s Inside the 2020 Cloud Hosting Report?
In our second annual cloud hosting market report, we analyze cloud providers, buyers, and spend trends to shape our predictions on where the cloud hosting market is headed in 2020.
Get insights into:
- Customer market share of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Most popular cloud hosting providers among enterprises
- Global distribution of cloud buyers
- Cloud hosting spend by company size
- Cloud hosting spend by region
What Cloud Hosting Data Will You Find Inside?
The report features more than 10 data visualizations and 22 pages of analysis and trends that support the latest cloud hosting market predictions.
Here’s a sneak peek of the data you’ll find inside:
- The number of cloud buyers in North America increased by 43% from 2018 to 2019.
- Globally, 10.5% of companies spend more than $20,000 per month on IaaS and PaaS products.
- AWS has nearly twice as many customers as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform combined.
- Microsoft Azure has fewer customers than AWS, but a larger percentage of its customer base consists of enterprise businesses. Nearly 5% of Microsoft Azure customers are enterprises, compared to 1.27% of AWS customers.
How Does Intricately Collect Cloud Hosting Data?
Our Global Sensor Network actively monitors the adoption, usage, and spend on 21,000 distinct cloud products and analyzes the digital infrastructure of more than seven million companies worldwide.
We have a comprehensive view into how organizations around the world deploy, utilize, and invest in their digital products, applications, and ecosystems. We deliver market insights that power the go-to-market strategy for companies like Amazon Web Services, Cloudflare, Google Cloud Platform, and Snowflake.
Although we focus on the cloud hosting market in this report, we have access to data across the entire cloud infrastructure space. We collect data on every product from cloud hosting and data centers to traffic management, app development, data warehousing, and much more.
Check out a few of our previous marketing reports here:
Cloud Hosting Terminology
Before you dive in, here’s a quick primer on the cloud hosting terminology that will be referenced frequently throughout the report:
- Cloud Hosting: The process of outsourcing an organization’s computing and storage resources to a service provider that offers infrastructure services in an on-demand format.
- Application: A piece of software with access to the public internet.
- IaaS: Infrastructure-as-a-Service is a business model that allows anyone to provision infrastructure programmatically and on-demand.
- PaaS: A Platform-as-a-Service is a set of configurations and tools that allow developers to launch applications into the cloud.
- SaaS: Software-as-a-Service is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis via the cloud.
- Cloud Buyer: A business that consumes cloud infrastructure.
Download the 2020 Cloud Market Share Report Now
Ready to get up to speed on the latest cloud hosting market trends and predictions? Download the 2020 Cloud Hosting Report today.
P.S. If you’re wondering how you can get a similar report specifically about your company, let us know. We can provide a custom market share report for your company, market, or industry.
Contact us to schedule an introductory session to discuss your cloud market opportunities.